Thursday, February 14, 2008

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled...

Today is a day where may are celebrating, hearts area abundant and everything is "rosy" for those who have a Valentine to celebrate the day with. But others are feeling disappointment today - someone special has overlooked your desire to be honored with a gift, or even harder there is no "someone special" to even forget.

Whatever you are feeling today, be it the glow and passion of new love, the comfort and security of old love, or a deep heart-longing to be loved, know that I am praying for you today. God knows the hearts and situations behind every eye that will read this blog, and while I cannot pray for you all by name, I know that as I pray for you now, He sees each of your faces with intimacy as the True Lover of your soul. Trust Him with each joy, heartache and detail of your life!

A very talented friend of mine pained a beautiful picture. If you have a Facebook account, be sure and take a look here:
JoyLynn's Tears

It is based on Psalm 56:8
"You number my wanderings;
Put my tears into Your bottle;
Are they not in Your book?"
(New King James Version)

What kind of love not only cares about ever tear we ever shed, but loves us more deeply than we could ever truly comprehend? "Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us," (Romans 5:7-8, NIV).

In John 14:27, after He has been crucified, risen from the dead and was preparing to return to Heaven, Jesus encouraged, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." (NIV, emphasis added)

Not as the world gives, in quickly fading flowers and soon forgotten candy. Not as the world gives in broken promises and shattered dreams. Not as the world gives in unfulfilled hopes and unsatisfied expectations. But as only He can offer, I pray peace for your heart today! May this Valentine's be one you remember as beautiful because you are Truly Loved.

What does any of this have to do with inner beauty? "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God," (Ephesians 3:16-19, NIV, emphasis added).

1 comment:

JesusFreakinAbilene said...

Jenni,
Thanks for coming by and commenting on my blog. I love this blog! Keep up
the great work! : )